Friday 1 October 2010

Get Classical!







I've always been a Final Fantasy fan. I think the older games (With the exception of X and the combat system of 12) that 8 and 9 were the best. And will always remain the best! The storys, characters, were all put together so well. More then anything though, is the music. When you hear a peice of music that gives you goosebumps... Its a feeling I really cant explain.


What i really want to talk about is how specific classical eras have had an influence on the composers of Final Fantasy music, and how they link it in a way that's relevant to the setting of the game. For example, alot of FF9 uses the same aspects of Renaissance. 


Anyway I'm a bit ashamed I never picked up on this before. But for my university auditions, I think I know what I'm going to perform. Or something with a similar theme...

1 comment: